Douglas Kelley is our friend. He’s been sharing his DKS List to clue us in on the best weekly art openings in New York. Every week, we’ll share his special picks for Ace Hotel with you. Look for an updated list on Wednesdays, and let us know what you think of some of these shows.
Thursday 25 February
- Nari Ward LIVESupport at Lehmann Maupin, 540 West 26th Street. 6-8pm.
- Joe Bradley at Mitchell - Innes & Nash, 534 West 26th Street. 6-8pm.
- Debra Hampton Twenty Paces at Priska Juschka Fine Art, 547 West 27th Street, 2nd floor. 6-9pm.
- THE BRUCENNIAL: The five wild, anonymous men who are the Bruce High Quality Foundation are on fire, with a parody version of the Whitney Biennial, being presented in a 5,000 square foot space at 350 West Broadway, 6pm-1am.
Friday 26 February
- A super good party with performances by artists, “A New Breed,” curated by Ian Daniel, at Exit Art, 475 Tenth Avenue at 36th Street, $5-$20 pay as you wish. 8pm-1am (you can hit galleries before you make it to the party).
- David Smith at Gagosian Gallery, 555 West 24th Street. 6-8pm.
- Alexander Calder also at Gagosian Gallery, 522 West 21st Street. 6-8pm.
Saturday 27 February
- Stefan Bruggemann, Headlines & Last Line in the Movies + Joan Jonas Reading Dante II at Yvon Lambert Gallery, 550 West 21rst Street. 6-8pm.
- John Bock at Anton Kern Gallery, 532 West 20th Street. 5-7pm.
- Meredyth Sparks, EXTRACTION at Elizabeth Dee Gallery, 545 West 20th Street. 6-8pm.
Sunday 28 February
- Reconstruction No.1 with Clifford Owens, Debo Eilers, Georgia Sagri, JJ Peet, Tommy Hartung & Zipora Fried at On Stellar Rays, 133 Orchard Street. 6-8pm.
- Alejandro Vidal, when it rains, all shines black at PARTICIPANT INC, 253 East Houston Street. 7-9pm.
Photo courtesy of DKS List